Inside|Out Inspirational Devotions
Living a God-Directed and Divine-Instructed Life
Author: Nicola McFadden, January 26, 2017
Throughout life's journey, we often ask the question: "How do I know what is God's will for my life?" As Children of God, we continuously seek His Counsel, His Compassion, His Conviction, and His Correction. Here are 10 pointers that I have been learning in my walk of Faith...
1. Seek God First, His Kingdom, and His righteousness.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
2. Recognize and know the voice of the good Shepherd. He is your God. Your Abba Father.
I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep, and my sheep know me-- (John 10:14)
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." (John 10:27)
3. Allow God to lead you.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. (Psalm 32:8)
4. Inquire of God, like David, and choose to obey His instructions completely.
... and David inquired of the LORD, "Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?" "Pursue them," He answered. "You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue."....
5. Choose to obey God's commandment. There are generational blessings for your obedience. There are generational curses for disobedience.
Read Deuteronomy 28 and Leviticus 26
6. Ask God to align your dreams, desires, delights, and destiny with His Will, Plan, and Purpose for your life. Boldly ask God to close doors that are not of Him and to bless open doors that are to bring Him Glory. Ask Him to expose fake and counterfeit - the devil always has a look-a-like. Ask God to give you the Spirit of discernment. God does not work in chaos and confusion. The devil's strategy - God, didn't say that... He twists the Word of God... bringing you to fear and doubt, so you stop trusting and taking God at His Word.
All you need to say is simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. (Matthew 5:37)
7. Accept God's answer even if it is not what was expected and you are disappointed, and it hurts like crazy. His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His way our way. God answers - Simply YES, NO, or WAIT. See His NO as Next Opportunity. Trust His timing. God makes all things beautiful in the anointed time. Every good and perfect gift comes from God. There is no good thing that He will withhold from those whom He loves. Understand that disappointments, delays, and detours are tools used by God to guide us to the God ordained beautiful destinations.
8. Endure and learn from God's discipline. God is a loving Father; He disciplines us because He loves us.
"Our fathers disciplined us for a short time as they thought best, but God disciplines us for our good, so that we may share in His holiness. No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful.Later on, however, it yields a peaceful harvest of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:11)
9. Use your gifts and talents to bring Him glory. You are creative and innovative as you were created in the image and likeness of God.
10. Delight yourself in the Lord and be attentive to the God's confirmation. He will speak to you... He will place His desires in your heart, promises for you in His Words, revelation through His servants... As you claim these, you will feel the peace that surpasses all understanding.
Be confident in God, in His ability, and in His love for you. Know that God Word is the Final Authority. Choose to believe God no matter what the situation looks like or what the reports are saying. Seek to place your Hope in a God who can do exceedingly abundantly more than we could ask or imagine, and that absolutely nothing is impossible or too difficult for Him to do. He will make a way somehow. Because He is God!
Most importantly, when you fall, reach out and grasp hold of His outstretched hand; confess, repent, accept His forgiveness, return to Him, learn, grow, and move forward; then show His grace and mercy as you also seek to help a fallen brother/sister. Be Happy to share the good news of the gospel to transform lives.
Let me hear your thoughts on this matter. Add your comments below. Iron sharpens iron!